Friday, July 20, 2007

two weeks come Sunday

And some other scary anniversaries have come along the way. The 11th. The 15th.

He provoked me out of hiding, and I let him. I let him know how much power he has. There is no room for pride when you're playing for keeps. I've reached a calmer, adult place. A place where I'm ready to call and say let's talk, explain the difference between your email and your blog. Explain why you wrote the blog, and I'll explain what I did.

We're testing, texting cautiously. I still swear I won't be the first to suggest seeing each other, and yet I want to so much. Partly because I want to feel safe again, safe from my self. And partly because when I see him, I may find out he no longer makes me feel safe and I'm really free from him after all.

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

Pumpkin chucking cool and we talk every year about other things to put in the basket. We have discussed people (my brother volunteered but is far too heavy) watermelon and flaming pumpkins (in to the lake instead of the field) filled with gas so they really explode when they hit :)